The UANL was founded in the middle of the year 1933. This institution of higher education is public. Its main headquarters are located in the university city which is located in San Nicolás de las Garzas, a Municipality located in Nuevo León, Mexico. Their motto is "Alere Flammam Veritatis". The UANL has more than 250 thousand educators, more than 5 thousand teachers, 47 research centers and has 114 libraries. It is made up of the University City, the Mederos Campus, the facilities in the municipalities of Linares and San Martín and the Health Campus, the Agricultural Campus.
The UANLhas 6 campuses; Campus Ciudad Universitaria, Medical Campus, Mederos Campus, Agricultural Sciences Campus, Linares Campus, Sabinas Hidalgo Campus, and these in turn with the available faculties, which are more than 10, among which are: Faculty of Chemical Sciences, Faculty of Architecture, Faculty of Dentistry. The university has a total of 3 technical high schools, 25 high schools, 37 technical baccalaureate programs, 2 university technical programs, 1 associate professional program, 91 bachelor's degrees, 47 specializations, 117 master's degrees, and 43 doctorates.
The methodology used to carry out the degree thesis at UANL is presented in 4 phases:
Phase 1 (Summary, Introduction, Background)
Considered one of the most important sections, the summary allows to know in a general way the existing problem and the reason why the degree project is carried out. For its part, the interdiction is a little more detailed, it offers the opportunity to know even more in depth not only the reason for the execution of the project. But also who it is aimed at and the benefits that it is expected to provide with it. The antecedents correspond to works already carried out, and that are related to the subject of the thesis in execution. They must be from reliable sources and as a recommendation, some, from the institution that already has a considerable period of having been presented.
Phase 2 (Justification, Hypothesis, Objectives, Methods)
The justification is the special section where it is explained why the project will be carried out and the time in which its execution is expected. Now, the hypothesis, are all those ideas and / or possible solutions that will be put into practice to solve the existing problem. It is worth mentioning that only those whose results are beneficial for the execution of the degree work will be taken into account.
The objectives of the degree project at UANL are divided into general objective and specific objectives. The general objective is closely related to the title of the project, while the specific objectives suq are all the activities that are planned to be carried out during the completion of the thesis. Regarding the methods, this section is considered as relevant as the summary, since it shows all the techniques and tools used to carry out the project, this includes human and technological resources
Phase 3 (Results, Conclusions and Recommendations)
The results, as the name implies, are the answers obtained from the studies and tests carried out. In the case of conclusions and recommendations, these are created to end the project, a space where the student must express what they have learned and give their recommendations and learn how to improve the situation for which the degree project was carried out.
Phase 4 (Bibliography)
Section where all the sources used to carry out the degree work are shown, this includes those that correspond to the body and of course to the realization of tables and graphs. All sources must be reliable, and very detailed, they must contain not only the author and year of publication but also the date of research by the student.
Notas: Although these phases are the most relevant, there are still points that are part of the content of the degree work, however, the complete list is provided by the institution.
Writing Format UANL
- The thesis must be printed on a white sheet size 21.6 x 27.9 centimeters
- The letter can be pica or elite, although a slightly smaller letter is also allowed only in the case of tables.
- When the title is larger, and / or exceeds the first line, you must leave a space of “one line” and you will start writing on the next one.
- The tables before being detailed on each corresponding page, a special index must be made for them, the same happens with the graphics.
As for the summary, it must be structured as follows,
- Degree Obtaining Date
- Study Title
- Pages in the Study
- Presentation of the Candidacy
- Study area
- Purpose and Method of the Study
- Contributions and Conclusions
- Advisor Signature Line
- Work limit
- And the title "Summary" must be written in capital letters.
The UANL establishes the following general rules:
- No word should be incomplete, in case of presenting any line; a ruling in relation to what is stipulated by the institution, the project will not be approved.
- Right margin should be used without justification
- The margins to use are 1.5 inches or 4 cm on the left side, and the right side, top and bottom, should be 1 inch or 2.5 cm.
- On each first page of a chapter, 3 spaces should be left after the top margin.
- To start a paragraph you must leave 5 spaces as indentation
- The tables must be ordered and detailed very well, everything in them must be legible, and of course they must respect the established margins.
- The work must be bound and ihttps://online-tesis.com/en/college-rankings-how-do-they-work-and-why-are-they-important/t must have a blue tray for the master's thesis and black in the case of doctoral theses, the cover for its part will correspond to the suggestions indicated by each department.
You might also be interested in: College Rankings: How do the work and why they are important