Meditation is a very old practice, in which a subject trains the sense and the brain. It facilitates the representation of consciousness, either to achieve some grace, or to record and mentally explore the content of a learning.
In this way, meditation has many benefits. It is associated with an extensive and extensive number of practices. They include knowledge that has been designed to channel relaxation and build internal and external energy in the human being.
Therefore, if you are a person interested in meditation, think that it generates well-being, happiness and placidity, do not forget to read this novel and interesting article. We explain how meditation positively influences learning.
What is learning?
Learning consists in managing, understanding and applying information that has been taught to us. That is, in assimilation and adaptation to the demands demanded by contexts.
What is the relationship between meditation and learning?
All human existence is submerged in the mind and in the significant learning of individuals. But life also needs its pauses and for this, the mind must relax and rest so that it can be activated. Also it can cause the person to be in the best conditions to learn.
Hence, meditation and learning are intertwined. So that, for this and other reasons, meditation is positive for learning.
However, it should not be forgotten that sometimes, cognitive learning requires mental effort. So much energy used in the various areas of human knowledge can cause stress in individuals who spend hours and hours developing certain activities.
From learning to meditation
When after a long day of learning, you arrive home exhausted, the best alternative to relax the contracted muscles and placate the sense of the mind, is to calm it through the practice of meditation.
So, if you want to relax when you get to your home, you can practice the following steps and meditate. Especially after having had a long day of cognitive learning during the day
Steps to perform a meditation
1.- Choose a cozy atmosphere
To perform a meditation, there is nothing better than choosing an environment that is calm and peaceful. Given that it must be practiced in a territory that appears quietly.
In this way you will calm down and reflect on the topics that you have learned during the day and the academic activities that you have done. In this way, you'll be more willing to delve deeper into the topics of each chair you study.
2.- Wear comfortable clothing
The clothes that are used to meditate, is one of the fundamental elements to be able to carry out that practice in an appropriate way. This is why, instead of wearing tight clothes, it is better to use ones with which you feel comfortable.
3.- Establish a period of time to meditate
It is important that so that there can be a balance between the routine of academic learning and meditation. It is previously established how long the daily meditation sessions will last.
4.- Sit comfortably
Traditionally, meditation has been practiced on a cushion on the floor. It is recommended that you feel in a position that is comfortable for you, using a posture that consists of a lotus or half lotus position. This is very comfortable to perform this type of activities.
5.- Practice deep breathing
Close your eyes and breathe deeply, visualizing images of natural places, while feeling pleasantly how your breath descends and ascends.
With this practice, you can also channel the energies in some areas of your body such as the navel, the solar plexus and the pineal gland.
At the end of the meditation, you can feel more relaxed and rested to return to do with more energy and will, your different learning activities.
From meditation to learning
Continuously meditating helps the mind of an individual to settle down. Also it helps to acquire a high level of awareness, encouraging the reflections of the contents seen by students to internalize in a more meaningful way.
Therefore, we must not forget that meditation offers the mind well-being and health. If a student's mind is healthy, learning will be more fruitful and advantageous.
In some scientific studies about meditation, it was evidenced that in terms of the functioning of the nervous and cerebral system of people who eventually meditated and those who did not, there are revealing differences.
In this way, we can affirm that the practice of meditation normalizes the functioning of the Nervous System. It significantly improves academic performance in daily learning assessments.
With respect to the current moments, many of the issues related to the educational area are thought from the perspectives of Holistic Learning, in view of the fact that we are in times where all learning is interconnected. Hence, talk about the different types of Learning with its various related theories.
Tips for performing a meditation
- It is usual that, during the practice of meditation, different thoughts arise. So, one of the tips that you can take into consideration when you are meditating, is that you must learn to accept the thoughts that bloom and move forward, assimilating them.
- Increase the period of time you use to practice meditation progressively. It is ideal to start using a minute, to reach a duration of about 15 or 20 minutes a day, which will help you find a balance in your health and well-being inside.
- Don't forget to add meditation to the list of practices you do during your daily routine. In this way you can have a healthy lifestyle and you are more willing to learn.
- As you learn more about meditation, you will become a great practitioner of this art that will allow you to enjoy the great benefits it provides.
- Sit on the floor with your back straight, which is the correct posture to take when meditating.
- Take a deep breath and keep your shoulders and arms loose, which is of paramount importance to meditate, but you can also see that many people, instead of taking this traditional posture, prefer to sit in an armchair or on their knees.
- Whatever position you adopt, the spine should always be straight and in the case of the body, mainly the shoulders and arms, they must be relaxed, even if the meditation is practiced in a demolished way.
We must accept that the brain is the main human device that influences meditation and human learning, so, meditation should become a habitual experience in life, given that it is an incredible alternative to manage or combat everyday stress, and there are many ways today to facilitate the implementation of this activity.