ISO 9000 standards are methodological redaction regulations. These have been used especially so that companies have the possibility of performing Quality Management processes.
These rules have a normative approach, which focuses more on the requirements that customers have. They consist of a collection of approximately 25 new documents and others reviewed, including the formal International Technical Standards.
Besides, there are also manuals and documents on Quality Management and Quality Assurance. They have transformed their approach, especially during the last decade.
This series of ISO 9000 standards were made to bring harmony to a large number of rules about quality management that have expanded throughout the world.
What are the ISO 9000 series standards used for?
The main purpose of this regulation is to manage the vocabulary, principles and central concepts that are used throughout the family of ISO 9000 standards. They detail the basics of quality management systems and what concerns their corresponding terminology.
About the ISO 9001 standards, they consist of the requirements of the Quality Management Systems to adapt them, evaluating the effectiveness in taking into account customer satisfaction and responding to the requirements of these fundamentals.
In the case of ISO 9004 standards, they serve to design guidelines to optimize performance and provide advice and contributions that allow for continuous improvement in what concerns the Quality Management System.
In this sense, this modality of ISO 9004 standards, serves to satisfy the client and also all the parties involved. They focus on the search for effectiveness and efficiency in regards to the use of resources.
Processes to use ISO 9001 standards properly
Also, in ISO 9001 standards, which are what we will explain in detail in this new article, these are used to provide excellent quality services and products to customers and users. We have to take into consideration the following processes to use them properly:
- Focus the realization of processes.
- Analyze internal and external environments, to assess and manage the risks that exist when competing in the market.
- Have an order in the information about the processes, preferably using the quality manual in which all the company's procedures are documented.
- It serves to carry out business management processes, in which techniques are used to model, manage and also optimize how negotiations in organizations are carried out.
For this, the fact that the natural form of organization is the process must be taken as a starting point.
In this sense, by modeling the processes, a workflow can be established concerning the functions that are fulfilled inside and outside the company.
It is sought that through the sum of functional efforts, business requirements can be captured to obtain better performance.
- Another purpose when applying a Quality Management System is to facilitate communication and have the tools to identify the improvements that have arisen in the processes.
This is done with the purpose that the objectives that have been set can be obtained.
- It serves to organize the methods of continuous improvement with the Deming cycle. It consists of a methodology known as "Plan - Do - Verify - Act" (PHVA)and allows planning and guidance of the necessary objectives and processes.
- This type of methodology serves to obtain the results according to the requirements that have been set by the client, as well as concerning the legal and regulatory requirements and also the policies of the organization.
It also seeks to implement the procedures, as well as verify and monitor and measure the processes and products regarding the policies, requirements for the product and the objectives set.
Through verification, information will be provided on what the results obtained have been so that once they are known, action can be taken, taking actions that allow continuous improvement of how the processes are carried out.
How to use ISO 9001 Standards to implement a Quality Management System?
- Identify the processes before the implementation of a Quality Management System.
- They can be used to order the processes that are carried out in the organization. We have to take into account the International Quality Standards, so that the companies in which they are used can be competitive.
This can also help them to have a good national and international image.
- The services offered by companies can be optimized regularly because they focus on continuous improvement.
- Inductions must be made throughout the organization by the management and the quality team, to implement quality management, looking for these workers to feel committed to companies.
- To properly document the procedures used in each process, the business process modeling technique must be used. It is very favorable in organizations where there are many staff rotations.